Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I am... The Rec Golfer

Welcome to the Rec Golfer. I've been playing disc golf a little more than 4 years, and in that time, I've grown to love it more every time I play.

I'm not that great of a player, but I have faith that for at least a few more years my skills are going to continue improving. I just love golf and tournament golf for what they are. Disc Golf has a great community (even with all our stubborn druggies and political activists) and the people I've met and played with are a big part of what keeps me coming back. The fact that I had mono my senior year of high school and went into a several year-long "fatigued state" - that I have yet to truly recover from - only reinforces my love the game. It's easier on my body than all of the tennis and running that I used to do, and more fun to pick up and play, to be a hack at.

Although I hope to move up to the intermediate division (again) next year, I thought the Rec Golfer was a good description of not only my game but how I view this best of all activities. I love this game.

'Til next time, I'm a pretty good rec player.

No comments:

Post a Comment