Wednesday, October 19, 2011

DEP Cup Cometh

Down East Player's Cup is only a few days away, and as such, it's really become all I've been thinking about. Although I did reasonably well at Sneeky Pete last weekend, it's been a long time since I was anywhere near the top of the heap in a tournament. I love to compete, and so coming in near the top after the first round and competing for the win is really my passion and dream... although, I suppose almost anyone who goes to a tournament would say the same, haha.

As this will be my 35th tournament, I said when Sneeky Pete was over that I really wanted it to be special, so I have been practicing my putting this week. I put in 15 minutes Monday and 30 yesterday, and plan to do at least 30 more today. That doesn't seem like a lot of time to most people, I'm sure, but working night shift is so killer on my time and health that investing 30 minutes in putting seems huge to me. I hope that the investment will pay off, but the fact of the matter is that regardless of the outcome, when it's over, I'll swear up and down that I'll never play another cold weather tournament. Or I won't play any more until I start working day shift. Or I won't play any more until I'm good enough to compete in the next division up.

And guess what?
I'll be damned if I won't be in New Bern in January freezing my ass off again. I love this game.

'Til next time, I'm a pretty good rec player.

No comments:

Post a Comment